Phone: (780) 420-6419  |  Fax: (780) 420-1945  |
10552 – 115th Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5H 3K6


You’ve found several items that I’m interested in. What forms of payment do you accept, and how can I place an order?
We accept orders placed by phone, fax, and e-mail, as well as purchases made in person at our retail location. Payments accepted for online or phone-in orders is credit card or money order. Credit card orders will ship immediately.  Orders made with a money order will ship when money order arrives. Please do not send cash through the mail as we will not be liable for any monies lost.  In store purchases may be paid by cash, debit (Interac) or credit card. VISA and MasterCard are the only credit cards we currently accept.  We do not ship COD.

Your website has about a hundred items my husband would be interested in. Do you offer gift certificates?
Yes, gift certificates are available in any specified amount.

Do I pay my provincial tax as well as GST on mail-order purchases?
We charge the 5% GST on all retail sales and orders delivered to Canadian addresses (or the combined HST rate to maritime provinces). We do not collect the provincial sales tax for other provinces.

There is a particular gun that I have been searching for since high school. If I tell you what I’m looking for, can you call me if you find one?
Unfortunately we do not have the manpower or ability to keep track of all our customers wish lists.  The best thing to do is to check our website as we update it every Tuesday with all the latest new and used firearms that have come into our store the previous week.

Your gun lists show a gun I’m interested in, but there isn’t a picture of it. Will you be posting a picture of it soon?
Generally, we only provide pictures of guns in certain circumstances. If it is an obscure gun that people may not recognize by description alone, or if its condition is outstanding, or if it is an expensive firearm that really needs to be seen before someone is likely to commit to ordering it, we can email photo's of the firearm to you. We usually do not photograph new guns (since the condition is obvious) or very common guns. However, if you are seriously contemplating the purchase of one of our listed firearms and cannot travel to inspect it in person, please feel free to request that an image be e-mailed to you. Expect a couple of days for us to process the request. Keep in mind pictures sometimes do not show an item exactly as it is (worn, silvered edges sometimes appear like bright, shiny bluing or some wood finishes will appear lighter or darker than actual). Please note a photograph is not a guarantee of condition or color.

What system do you use for grading the condition of a gun?
Evaluating a firearm’s condition can be a difficult and tricky thing. It is very much a sliding scale, since a modern gun described as “fair” might be in identical shape to a turn-of-the-century antique which rates an “excellent” because of its age and rarity. If anything, our evaluations of condition tend to be conservative – though any eye can potentially overlook a flaw that might change the appraisal by hundreds of dollars. Also, we all have our own areas of interest, and sometimes we don’t know what to look for when inspecting a different class of firearm. If you are seriously interested in any firearm that we list and would like an earnest description of its condition, please call.

I would love to be able to test-fire a gun before I buy it. Do you have a shooting range?
Unfortunately, we do not. All of the staff are shooters, and we would get absolutely no work accomplished if there were a range facility in the shop.

What kind of warranty do you have on used firearms?

We specifically make no warranty whatsoever regarding the accuracy of any firearm, or its ability to function with all types (or a particular type) of ammunition. However, we will offer a full refund on a used gun if it fails to safely function in the manner in which it was designed, as long as the firearm is returned within a short period of time (one week or less).This does apply to any refurbished rifles or handguns obtained from our distributors. Any issues with these particular firearms will have to be dealt through warranty by the distributor. Customer will be required to ship these to the distributor or warranty depot for repair. We strongly recommend that any used firearm be inspected by a gunsmith before being loaded with live ammunition.

Obviously, a new gun must come with a warranty. What do I do if something is wrong?
All warranty issues with regard to new firearms should be addressed to the manufacturer and/or Canadian importer of that firearm, who should be able to name an authorized repair centre in Canada. We are not gunsmiths and are not authorized to perform repairs on behalf of firearm companies.  If you have a warranty issue, our staff will be able to provide you with an address to return the gun for warranty work.  Some manufacturers may not have a repair centre in Canada or even in North America. Others (particularly Asian makers) may not offer any factory warranty at all. Please take careful note that unless proper authorizations is obtained beforehand, sending a gun to the Unites States for repair could result in its confiscation and destruction. You must check to see what permission is required from both governments, ensure that you have proper paperwork proving your ownership, and make certain that the reason for its transport is fully documented.

Some friends are going to the U.S. next month for a hunting trip, and I was thinking of tagging along. Is it tricky to cross the border with a hunting rifle?
Check with the proper US authority prior to taking a firearm to the states.  Miramichi should be able to assist you with the departments and procedures you will need to take to ensure the safety of your firearms.

Do you offer monthly installment plans and layaways?
On firearms that are in our inventory, we offer a 60-day layaway period with a 20% minimum deposit. On consigned firearms, we limit the layaway period to 30 days as a courtesy to the consignee. We do not offer any payment plans past these layaway terms, except in the case of exceptionally valuable firearms under specific circumstances.  PLEASE NOTE:  Deposit money is NOT refundable nor transferable.  Layaways not paid in full by term will forfeit all deposit money and item will be returned for resale.

I would like to know if I can special order a product. How do I go about doing this?

We will special order a product for you if it is in stock with the distributor. To ensure that we order the right product for you we will ask you to provide a part number for us.

You have the gun of my dreams, but I’m still waiting for my firearms license. What can I do?
Once the firearm is paid for, we are happy to store it until such time as your license arrives and it can be registered to you. Or a spouse, relative, or friend with a valid license can accompany you at the time of purchase and register it, and then transfer the registration to you once you are licensed.  We will graciously store your firearm for up to 60 days free of charge.  However, after the initial two months storage fees will apply at $30/firearm per month.

What exactly happens when the firearm I’m buying is registered to me?
The seller (either a business or an individual) must initiate the phone call to transfer the registration to you. Individuals selling firearms may call 1-800-731-4000 , press 1 for English, and press 4 to initiate the transfer. The seller should be able to provide the Registration Certificate number for the firearm being transferred, his license number (Possession and Acquisition License), and the serial number of the firearm. In the case of a non-restricted firearm which has not yet been registered, the seller should be prepared to give a complete description of the firearm, including make, model, calibre, and barrel length.

Both the seller and the buyer must provide information about themselves for the purpose of identification, which may include full name, current address (or land location), phone number, date of birth, place of birth, and firearms license number (PAL).

A Reference Number will be provided at this initial call, and should be recorded and kept by both parties. This provides a means of checking on the status of the transfer application.

If the seller is a retail business, he/she should advise the buyer of the average or expected time taken to complete the transfer. The time for a transfer to complete can vary from a few minutes to several days. Please keep this in mind when purchasing a firearm to avoid disappointment.

If you wish to check the status of the transfer application, call 1-800-731-4000 , press 1 for English, and press 2 to enquire about your transfer. Provide the reference number given previously.

Once the application to transfer the registration of the firearm has been completed, the buyer will be provided with a new certificate number that should be recorded and kept with the firearm until the official paperwork arrives. Documentation showing the transfer will be provided to both seller and buyer and should be recieved within a couple weeks.

If the firearm is a restricted or prohibited gun, and after the firearm’s registration has been successfully transferred, you must obtain an Authorization to Transport (ATT) to remove the firearm from the seller’s location and transport it to your residence or location of storage. An ATT can be obtained by calling 1-800-731-4000 , pressing 1 for English, and pressing 4 to reach the Chief Firearms Office for Northwest Services (located in Edmonton). You may be required to provide the Reference Number, Certificate Number, and/or serial number of the firearm. Please note: Buyers who are purchasing from a business must apply for their own ATT if not requesting to take the firearm home that same day, as businesses are no longer permitted to request an ATT on behalf of their customers.

You are required to follow all safety and transportation regulations while in transit with your firearm. In the case of a non-restricted firearm, it must be unloaded. It is advisable to place it out of sight inside your vehicle. If you leave the vehicle for any reason, you must place it out of sight in a secure, locked portion of the vehicle.

How do I get permission to take my handguns to the range?
The same Authorization to Transport (ATT) described above can be requested for each and every trip from your residence to the shooting range. Or, you can apply for a long-term ATT. The long-term ATT can be obtained as a blanket permission to transport any or all restricted  firearms for which you hold a Registration Certificate. It is valid for up to five years, and allows transit to any approved range within the province. You can request a long-term ATT form by phone at 1-800-731-4000 (press 1 for English and press 2 for “ordering forms”).

Can a hunting license, WIN card, or driver’s license be used in place of a firearms license?
No. For the purpose of purchasing and registering firearms, only a valid Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) may be used. For purchasing ammunition, you may use either of the above license or a Possession Only License (POL).

Do I need to have a gun license to purchase ammunition and reloading supplies like gunpowder and primers?
A firearms license (either a POL, or PAL) must be shown to purchase loaded ammunition. The components for manufacturing ammunition (brass, bullets, powder, primers, etc.) do not require a license for their purchase. There are currently no legal limits on quantity purchases. We do not record your license or other information, nor will we do so unless forced to by law.

Why can’t I find regular old-fashioned blackpowder for my flintlock rifle anymore?
The government has changed the regulations regarding blackpowder, particularly with regard to shipping. We feel that it may be impossible to obtain any future shipments of blackpowder, due to the re-classification of its “explosive” nature. You should be experimenting with blackpowder substitutes such as Pyrodex, ClearShot, and Triple Seven powders to see which works best for you and your firearm.

I’m looking for special 7.62x51mm ammunition for my military rifle. A friend suggested I try .308 Winchester ammo, but that sounds too risky. Any advice?
The two cartridges are interchangeable but not identical.  For most applications you will have no problem.  We do caution the use of .308 Win ammunition in military style semi auto rifles such as the M14 (M305).

My handgun has a 15-shot magazine. Is this legal?
No. In Canada, the maximum legal capacity for handgun magazines is ten rounds. For semi-automatic centrefire rifles and shotguns, the maximum legal capacity is five rounds (normally). Rifles and shotguns that are not semi-automatic (bolt action, lever action, etc.) have no magazine capacity limits. Rimfire rifles (.22 LR, .22 Mag., etc.) have no magazine capacity limits. Certain exemptions have been granted, such as the M-1 Garand rifle (legal with its eight-round “en bloc” clip loading system) or the Ruger PC-9 carbine (a semi-automatic rifle which utilizes a Ruger pistol magazine and is allowed ten rounds).

Do I have to destroy my high-capacity magazines?
High-capacity magazines must be altered in such a way that they can no longer hold more than the legal limit of cartridges or shells. While no specific guidelines are given, it is accepted that the modification must be at least semi-permanent (that is, requiring the use of a tool or other device to reverse it, such as a steel rivet that would have to be drilled out to be removed). Since virtually any modified magazine can be returned to an illegal condition with enough effort, your intent and the degree of modification performed your magazines may be scrutinized by a court on an individual basis. All of the magazines that we sell are carefully converted to the legal limit.

The United States has laws that limit magazine size, too. Why are people still selling high-capacity magazines in the U.S.?
American laws on magazine capacity have been implemented differently than ours. In the U.S., both handguns and rifles have been limited to ten rounds. Their magazine limits apply to rimfire and manually-operated rifles as well (ours do not). But the major difference is that their laws only affect magazines manufactured after the date of the ban. “Pre-ban” magazines can retain their original capacity.

I am a police officer and have been issued high-capacity magazines for my duty sidearm. How do I go about ordering similar magazines for my personal firearms?
As a law enforcement officer, you are exempted from certain regulations with regard to items that are issued to you for the purpose of fulfilling your duty. However, the regulations that govern the rest of us also apply to you with regard to your personal firearms and your off-duty time. We cannot provide high-capacity magazines or other prohibited items for your personal use.

The item I’m looking for doesn’t appear on your website, and I can’t seem to find it anywhere in Canada. How easy is it to order gun stuff from the United States?
The U.S. government requires “end-user” certificates for the export of firearms and firearms-related products from their country. Even small parts (springs, triggers, etc.), brass cases for reloading, and rifle scopes require these permits. Some items might be exportable without certification if the value is under $100US; others are not. For this reason, most large companies in the United States are refusing to do any business whatsoever with Canadian individuals, because the unlawful export of gun accessories risks their business license.

Okay, so I won’t be ordering the parts I need. What about picking them up in person on my next trip south of the border?
The end-user certificate requirement is not a shipping regulation, it is an export regulation. Even if the items you intend to bring back do not violate any law or import restriction in Canada, they may be subject to seizure by U.S. Customs upon your departure.

My uncle in France would love some of the items you sell. Do you export to other countries?
We do not ship to other countries at this time.

What about guns – do you send firearms to the United States or abroad?
At this time, we do not offer to export firearms. If you are an American wishing to purchase a firearm from Canada, you must be capable of dealing with a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder in the U.S. and a licensed firearms dealer in Canada who specializes in exportation. The Canadian exporter can then make arrangements with us for the transfer of the firearm from our inventory to theirs.

If you are a licensed individual residing in Canada, and wish to export a firearm to a friend or relative overseas, you can purchase and register the firearm to your name, and then make application to the government for permission to export it yourself. All of the warnings regarding other exports (import regulations of the destination country, insurance limitations, shipping rules) should be taken very seriously. We recommend air shipping by a direct flight to the destination country, since the government of any country in which that plane lands (even for refueling) might exercise their local laws and seize the shipment accordingly.

©2015 P&d Enterprises  |  Site design by JavanCorp  |  Login
Legacy Code (just in case you can't use the new stuff)